What we do
What does the PBS community of practice do?
- Support the development of skills and knowledge in PBS (including training and education) for families, staff and commissioners in the North East and North Cumbria
- Provide a range of forums across the region for people to work together, to share best practice, experiences, expertise and resources
- Provide support and guidance to implement PBS effectively
- Develop and disseminate information on PBS practice
- Raise the profile of PBS and influence the standard of delivery across the region.
The purpose of the community of practice is to improve the standard of PBS provision by developing skills and knowledge in PBS for everyone involved in providing support for people with behaviours that challenge in our region.
We want people with a learning disability and/or autism who have or may be at risk of behaviour that challenges, to have happy, healthy and safe lives. We believe Positive Behavioural Support is an approach that enables the right support to be provided at the right time to make this goal possible.